BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

November 14, 2008

two strong and amazing parents....

This day is not one of my top 10 for sure. It was one of the most hardest thing I have ever had to do was to put my baby girl to rest. The day started out nice with some sun shine which I took that as a sign from Brookie and God that it was going to be ok today! Last night at visitation there was about 340 people that came to show respect to her. We were so honored that she touched so many lives for the past 2 years. Brooklyn looked like the little princess that she was in her sparkle dress with her baby Bella and her favorite pink blanket. I had them cut a piece off for me to save and frame with the princess piece from her casket. The service today was very nice and did Brooklyn justice. I could just hear her saying "mommy tears!" She never liked it when anyone would cry. Even when we were at the hospital and she heard a kid crying she would look up at me and I knew that she wanted to go comfort them and tell them that it would be ok. Brooklyn was such a strong, brave, smart, and beautiful little girl. I couldn't have asked for anything more then maybe more time! I was really pleased to see so many nurses, and Dr. Thompson at the service. I could also hear Brookie yelling, "Hi Karwen, Hi Ninny!" And of course Dr. Betty and Lynette. Thank you all for the great support that you have given Chris and I through this tough battle. Praise God for sending Brooklyn to us and filling our lives with such a special child. Thought for the day-"You are my strength, I wait for you to rescue me,for you, o God are my place of safety. In his unfailing love, my God will come and help me. He will let me look down in triumph on all my enemies." Psalms 59:9-10
God Bless,Holly

1 comments:

Kjirsten said...

What an amazing story of love and strength, Em. So sorry the story had to end this way, but Brooklyn's memory will live forever.